E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Beamer Fanatics!
So, I'm totally new to this forum and new to BMWs. I'm looking to purchase an BMW in the near future - but I have no idea of one model over another. This forum focuses on M3s, right, and M4s and M5s are also fine models. I have no idea how I'd go about choosing between these models. All I know right now is I want a convertible roadster. Btw, currently, I drive a 2014 VW Jetta, 1.8L Turbo that I bought in April 2018. I have never owned a German car before... It's my first, and I'm very impressed with it. And I'd like to move up in the world of German automotive engineering. In 2012 I test drove a convertible 2005 Aston Martin Vantage V-8, but instead I purchased a silver, convertible 2011 Camaro Rally Sport, and was very impressed with that car (Chevy finally upped their game in terms of reliability & service).
I'm looking forward to you guys' thoughts and for a little advice.
Thank you, Jeff Western

·
Registered
155 Posts
M3 and M4 will have around the same handling and power more or less. M4 is gonna be smaller on the inside than the m3, as the M4 is really just an m3 coupe. The m5 is gonna have a bigger engine, the car itself is bigger. All depends on what you're looking for and your price range.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M3 and M4 will have around the same handling and power more or less. M4 is gonna be smaller on the inside than the m3, as the M4 is really just an m3 coupe. The m5 is gonna have a bigger engine, the car itself is bigger. All depends on what you're looking for and your price range.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Luke, thanks for your reply! The M4 reminds me of the Camaro's back seat area - tiny and uncomfortable. I'm leaning towards the M3. Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Lets back into this:

The M5 is a very different car than the other two. Drive one and it will be apparent. And a longer wheel base, not as nimble or tossable. It is a high speed highway lux cruiser, mostly.

M3 vs M4. Do you really use the back seat a lot - or not? Once you answer that - you are done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts