BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While backing up tonight with the windows all fogged up, i accidently hopped onto the curb.. it was not at LOW speed.. but it was a dead on hop.. was wondering if i could check the car for immediate damage.. there were no scrapes ANYWHERE on the car.. and the wheels and tires were completely fine.

i took the car to higher speed, and it was still perfectly stable, made a few quick turns and the car was still fine.. is there anything else i can do to ensure the car's condition ?

i'm just afraid of suspension damage... plz advice

thanks

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
dont think you can really tell except by driving he car. if something feels different take it in. maybe needs an allighnment at most.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i'm afraid of is bent rims, damaged tires or at worst case scenerio... damaged suspension.. any chance that it could cause it ? it was at a pretty quick speed.. not your usual parking lot speed... grrrr.. i'm an idiot..

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
i think you should be fine, you cant really check much without getting it up in the air, but as long as it drives ok you should be fine...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it drives fine... i'm freakin' out hehe.. cuz i feel like the car will like randomly die on me or something.. cuz it was a pretty big hit... fack..

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
dont worry, but if you want make an appnt at the dealer and tell them you heard a noise and just wanted to make sure everything was ok and they will prob just stick it on the lift for a few min and you shouldnt get charged...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh .. hmm.. perhaps that's what i'll do.. i think i'll go to discount tire tomorrow for them to check my rims and my tires to make sure everything is still on right..

then i'll just drive to the dealer and ask them to do a quick check for me see if that'd be good..

thanks guys.. the car is driving fine.. i'm just too paranoid.. cuz my car has ZERO swirls.. ZERO Scratches.. and this HUGE bump kinda shook me up lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts