BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used to change the Rotrex Supercharger Oil, please advise...

The rotor is C38-71.

:excited:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I did mine in about 45 mins. First disconnect the oil cooler completely and use a vacuum extractor and pull the oil out. The vacuum the oil out of the reservoir. The supercharger is vacuumed out both from the return line that goes to cooler and and the inlet line on the sc. Active says to pull it all and drain it but thats a pain. We left the extractor until nothing came out. The system will take about 3/4 of the bottle after bleeding it

·
Lutz Performance-FL BMW F/I
1,098 Posts
I did mine in about 45 mins. First disconnect the oil cooler completely and use a vacuum extractor and pull the oil out. The vacuum the oil out of the reservoir. The supercharger is vacuumed out both from the return line that goes to cooler and and the inlet line on the sc. Active says to pull it all and drain it but thats a pain. We left the extractor until nothing came out. The system will take about 3/4 of the bottle after bleeding it
Sounds like the most efficient way to me!! Just ensure you have every drop of the old oil out!! And definitely make sure the keys are no where near the car, as if someone accidentally starts it with no oil in the system, say hello to ordering a new blower!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbsup: Thanks...I got an idea.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are really anal you can blow air through the inlet and have the vacuum on the outlet.
What is the number of vac should be?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not to thread jack but I know the new hks kit has a filter in-line to the oil cooling fins, not sure about the rotrex kit, but does this also need to be replaced or cleaned out? Thanks...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts