BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you have to buy or where do you have to go to change your air to fuel ratios??? is there software I can buy?? if so what brand?? or do I have to take the car to a certain place?? Im in the dallas texas area if anyone has any ideas

·
Registered
873 Posts
What makes you think you need to tune your A/F ratio? During closed loop (idle, cruise, and light throttle after warmup), A/F ratios are maintained at ~14.7:1 via input from the narrowband O2. There's no reason to modify the A/F ratios under these conditions.

The car's stock fuel maps should be pretty close to optimal for a near-stock car. What have you done to the car that warrants additional fuel?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headers exhaust intake dinan stage 2 chip pulleys etc...i also messed with my MAF by removing screens (regret) which the sensor in there read the air flow and make yur air to fuel ratios...after the car wasnt running right i put the screens back in but still having problem

when i turn on the car no more than a second later it dies..the weird part is that if i turn on the car and press the gas the car stays on and runs perfectly fine...the only idea i have is that when i removed the screens my a/f ratios where thrown off...any help???!?!

i already tried reseting the battery and other usual fixes..but nothing has worked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts