E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again, thanks to all who responded to my earlier plea "HELP. Center console window switch issue". (Recap- 325 Rag top/Large drink spilt on center console/windows operated by themselves/now 3 windows work OK, BUT rear window does not respond to switches). I failed to mentioned that the rear window is DOWN. I need to get it closed. It is raining here. Can the PW switch be bypassed at the console (i.e. w/o removing rear side panel)? How? If not, how would I jump the PW motor at the window? I have done this on other vehicles(switch test) but they had a single switch, this car has a switch component with a 10 pin connector.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Again, thanks to all who responded to my earlier plea "HELP. Center console window switch issue". (Recap- 325 Rag top/Large drink spilt on center console/windows operated by themselves/now 3 windows work OK, BUT rear window does not respond to switches). I failed to mentioned that the rear window is DOWN. I need to get it closed. It is raining here. Can the PW switch be bypassed at the console (i.e. w/o removing rear side panel)? How? If not, how would I jump the PW motor at the window? I have done this on other vehicles(switch test) but they had a single switch, this car has a switch component with a 10 pin connector.
Or can you plug it into your other bank of switches temporarily, or is that one also dead at the moment? I'm sure you already thought of this though and I just don't know about the wiring diagram off the top of my head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.