BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the deal. About a year ago, I purchased a Hamann style front lip for my car and had it installed. It is currently in not so good shape. Many scratches on the bottom/ underside and the sides where the screw are holding it in are beginning togive way slightly.

In any case, this Saturday I went to get a free car wash like I always do at the BMW dealership. I always park it on the side cause the car is low with the lip spoiler on.

Well, some dumb kid parked it in a regular spot and must of hit the curb and then backed off with it. When I went to pick up the car, it was like 1 cm from the curb and the curb had some fiberglass scratch marks on it.

I told bmw about this and they got 2 managers to look at it. They said they would take care of everything on Monday. Some lady is suppose to call me up or something and they will take care of it at the local body shop.

Now here is the question. The lip spoiler was already in not so good condition and had many scratches/ cracks I put on it.

What do you guys all think I can say and take a better stance during this situation? Remember, the managers Did say they would take care of it.

Any ideas???

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
dude.. your dealership gives free car washes??

Q

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
qzbeemer said:
dude.. your dealership gives free car washes??

Q
claridges gives you free washes whenever they work on your car, but you get your car back with tons of scratches and swirls. :flipoff: Those daym retards :rolleyes:

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
dealer scratched the side of my car once
never again will i let them wash my car

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the update! The body shop called BMW up and they said do what it takes to get it fixed.

The body shop would not work on the lip spoiler I had. He said he would have to order a new one. So, they are going to order a new one, paint it and intall it. I think its gonna cost them roughly around $600.

But then I asked if I could order another front kit that was the same price as the one they were about to order and they said sure.

So now, I am ordering the M3 replica front bumper.

It all ended up pretty good. Thanks for the good posts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts