BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the installation was a breeze and then comes time for the guages to slide over the needles and overlay. WELL how do you get that damn small hole to fit over the bottom end of that needle...The hole is WAY to small to slide over that surface area.....HELP!!!:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have UUC guages

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...but I have tried all of that...it just wont slip over and if I apply any more pressure the needles are going to pop right off...is taking of the needles something I can do or will it just cause an even bigger problem???:banghead:

·
Alpha Male
7,143 Posts
srn1985 said:
Thanks...but I have tried all of that...it just wont slip over and if I apply any more pressure the needles are going to pop right off...is taking of the needles something I can do or will it just cause an even bigger problem???:banghead:
Well it depends how involved you want to get. I had to remove the needles to install my gauge faces (CEC).

If you decide to remove your needles you have to be very careful and you will need to recalibrate them afterwards. Of course recalibration really doesn't take me very long since I've done it 3 different times and learnt a few tricks.

My suggestion to you is call UUC directly and see if they have any other suggestions. Remove the needles as a LAST resort and if you need help recalibrating I can help you out.

·
Alpha Male
7,143 Posts
OH 1 other thing I thought of is that the black part of the needle is actually not an integral part of the needle. If you can take it off GENTLY (i.e. "breaking" the adhesive bond) that might help so you don't have to take the needles off. All you have to do is super glue it back on after. (I know b/c the black piece came off a couple of needles when I was doing a install)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do I just pull straight up gently on it and it should come off...I could do that hopefully!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That black cirlce part

·
Alpha Male
7,143 Posts
best way I can think of doing it is with one had put pressure on the needle part infront and back of the black round piece. GENTLE pressure. Then with your other hand try to wiggle the black piece free. AGAIN GENTLE pressure.

Keep in mind this will only be successful depending on how strong the adhesive was put on/used at the factory.

**Disclaimer: do this at your own risk. I cannot accept any responsibility or liabilty if damage occurs**

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks...I will see what I can do:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts