E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we got my car 3.5 years and 10,000 miles ago. I've already put in about 4k from fixing things and adding new things. I'm planning on a MINIMUM of about 6k more. Is that a bad idea? I love my car. I want to make it better, and I love doing stuff myself...it's my crack :rofl::woot: It's got 118k. How many of you have my obsession? I'm still in high school with no expenses, so I'm able to put all I make into my car, and paying for college next year isn't a problem either.

·
Premium Member
2016 340i & 2002 325Ci
3,668 Posts
You have any planned? I have done OEM stuff, except for Morimoto Bi-Xenon projectors.
Not really into a lot of the angel eyes, headers, etc., many my age are doing. My biggest inspiration for OEM "mods" here is Delmarco, his DIYs are excellent. I'd like to add rear fogs, power folding mirrors, and a few other things he and others have done that bring the car up to date, OEM style.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not really into a lot of the angel eyes, headers, etc., many my age are doing. My biggest inspiration for OEM "mods" here is Delmarco, his DIYs are excellent. I'd like to add rear fogs, power folding mirrors, and a few other things he and others have done that bring the car up to date, OEM style.
I'm planning an OEM HK and Nav, TPS, PDC, Power Folding Mirrors, and Rear Sunshade, Manual Conversion, Heated Steering Wheel, Aluminum Trim, and a Heavier Rack. I've already done an auto lights with a new BMW windshield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Too many people put their money into modifications and not maintenance.
Be sure to keep up with it.
What college will you be attending?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too many people put their money into modifications and not maintenance.
Be sure to keep up with it.
What college will you be attending?
I do all the maintenance as well. Scouts Honor! :thumbsup:
I have a tour at UT Chattanooga Sunday and Eventually I'll be touring UT Knoxville. I'm leaning towards UTC same degree for less money. Then UT Memphis for Dental School.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You'll get the Big Orange Screw, regardless.
About to wrap up UT Knoxville with my brother, and I don't recommend it at all.
The BMW drivers here aren't too great, either.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll get the Big Orange Screw, regardless.
About to wrap up UT Knoxville with my brother, and I don't recommend it at all.
The BMW drivers here aren't too great, either.
Main reason I'm leaning towards UTC. I'm just interested in UTK to see if I could get in. It's too big for me to start at. I'm from a town with literally one stop light and a pop of 2000 people

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Do you regret that money? Would you do it all again?
Funny you ask that...

I just posted this a few minutes ago:

@ 207k
And have never been left on the side of the road
No rattles and everything down to the last clip, light bulb, wire tie and button is in perfect working order. I do approximately 60% of my own maintenance
But I don't mind paying a trusted tech to do things that are beyond my capabilities, mostly because I don't have a lift and I don't like getting under cars anymore, I'd rather pay a pro to do certain things and I don't begrudge any maintenance dollar I have ever spent.

I replace things before they expire as a religion and am exqistilty meticulous with every aspect of my car as well as everything I own. I have always been a little OCD by others standards, but I just feel if you buy a quality item and take care of it... It will take care of you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny you ask that...

I just posted this a few minutes ago:

@ 207k
And have never been left on the side of the road
No rattles and everything down to the last clip, light bulb, wire tie and button is in perfect working order. I do approximately 60% of my own maintenance
But I don't mind paying a trusted tech to do things that are beyond my capabilities, mostly because I don't have a lift and I don't like getting under cars anymore, I'd rather pay a pro to do certain things and I don't begrudge any maintenance dollar I have ever spent.

I replace things before they expire as a religion and am exqistilty meticulous with every aspect of my car as well as everything I own. I have always been a little OCD by others standards, but I just feel if you buy a quality item and take care of it... It will take care of you.

That's exactly the kind of post I was hoping for

·
Registered
504 Posts
2004, 141900mi, and excluding the price of the car ive put in a little over 1400 into it (had to buy some new tires, and have only had the car for a year)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts