BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an important question... I realize that the cost of tires for an m3 on 19' is pretty steep...however... is it true that u guys are changing tires often? is there significantly more wear than say on a 330?? ... are there other maintenance fees that differs on the m3 over the 330?? my friend is scaring me tellin me to stick to a 330..because the maintenance fees on an m3 are so steep that I wont be able to afford it...

·
Registered
698 Posts
My car came with pilot sports. I have 10K on my car and they have about 75% tread left. I drive pretty aggressively.

The only thing i've spent money on in regard to ownership costs are gas and cleaning products.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ya, im the same as miktrebla09.
I have Pilot Sports as well, that i got at the beginning of this past summer, and i still have maybe 90% tread, after some pretty mean summer driving.
So my costs are gas and oil changes. Pretty standard.

T

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,189 Posts
well i have my m3 next week a year

and i have 18" so3's on them i say i got a good 7,000 miles on them and they look new still. and i had it at watkins glen in a driving event and took them down the 1/4 mile around 20 times.
i guess the secret of geting descent tire ware is NOT ALOT OF
MASSIVE BURNOUTS. that is the key. i heard from other m3 owners that say you should get a good 25,000 to 30,000 miles or so with average driving. i say it looks that way so far with my m3.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if I had the opportunity to get an ///M3... other than the price difference... there would be no other additional maintenance or drawbacks compared to the 330??? I realize insurance will be higher ... but other than that... will I be able to afford this?? (I will if taking care of the car is about the same as the 330...)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just talked to my dad (mechanic) about this before reading this post. He said stock M3 tires(contisports) are made in germany rather than the US so they have better tread life. :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts