1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, so here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIg3fRs18ds

Dude financed a ~15 year old e46 coupe

Oil leaking/burning, coolant leaking, PS pump, rust, headliner, brake rotors, door not locking, no start, prefacelift at 170K miles might mean subframe's about to tear out, autozone looking filter, old belts, impact behind passenger door.....

some of these are easy, but I think the owner is well over the price of the car if he wants a mint E46.

Marcus, if you're on here, I hope you know what you're doing. And best of luck.

·
Registered
838 Posts
$2400 isn't that bad for a maintained 325ci with 170k, but financing $2400 is beyond stupid when you'll need to put in $2-3000 to make it reliable and proper. I'll bet the cooling system will fail and it'll be back on CL in a few weeks with a blown head for $1200.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It's Bill and Ted's car buying adventure. Do you start with the huge dent on the passenger side, no cabin filter holder, ghetto air filter or the grotesque headliner just to name a few or the fact that they did it in the dark?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I love the idea to just open the coolant cap while the engine has to be hot as **** without even thinking, at least his friend knew better...
Natural selection at its finest.

When the guy started filling it with 87 and then overfilled it I knew the video was worth it.

"Recommended Castrol, I put Walmart in there". :lmao:

·
Registered
421 Posts
They are lucky they made it back to Torrington. There are a lot of no phone places there cause I live right near there. The way they were talking about letting things go that were wrong was a clear case of just wanting one so bad. then no oil and coolant light and steering and brakes, rust, burning smell and opening coolant cap. Ugh what a huge mistake to finance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I usually enjoy their videos on the cheap things they do to their Miatas, but it's going to hurt to see an E46 being not being treated well, but I guess that's what happens when these cars get so cheap.

It's not even the issue of putting the wrong gas in it or buying it a night, but you should really finance a cheap car like that, especially with the cooling system probably needing to be replaced soon.

I guess we'll just wait and see for the follow up videos.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.