E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just droped my car off at crevier for a routine inspection, and warranty has expired so its gonna cost $462 for a inspection:ben:

so how much r ur dealers charging for inspections?

·
Banned
73 Posts
Be more specific on what inspection, Sched 1 or Sched 2, I just got the Sched 2 and it was $600 at a local auth. shop but the dealer wanted $800 just to start then add on the things they recommend and it can skyrocket. A girl I work with has a 2 y/o 318 Ti and IT WAS $1200 out the door.

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,374 Posts
I would assume your car must be out of warranty, cause inspections are free!:dunno:

·
bored.
884 Posts
how is your car out of warrenty? my 2000 328ci ends warrenty in october???? and it was a 7/99 build

--soheil

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
RE:

M3Inline6 said:
I would assume your car must be out of warranty, cause inspections are free!:dunno:
Warranty and maintenance are two different things. We get a 4 year/50000 mile warranty and 3 year/36000 mile free maintenance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who else has this situation? My obc says my inspection II is like 1000 miles after my warranty is over. WAT BS!

·
Banned
2,203 Posts
Re: RE:

Choson1 said:

Warranty and maintenance are two different things. We get a 4 year/50000 mile warranty and 3 year/36000 mile free maintenance.
What does our maintenance warranty includes?
Does it includes oil change and level 1 and level 2 inspection?

How often can I take my car to get my oil change since it is free and all?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Re: Re: RE:

ADA said:

What does our maintenance warranty includes?
Does it includes oil change and level 1 and level 2 inspection?

How often can I take my car to get my oil change since it is free and all?

Thanx
It includes all that you listed. Just follow the service indicator in your car, both inspections include oil change (you can't get free oil changes unless your car's service indicator shows you're due).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts