E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided my car looks pretty crappy in sunlight (orient blue)...tons of swirls marks and chips, and dull paint. How much am I looking at to repaint it the same color? not including engine bay, trunk, or door jams? thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
L-I-B said:
I've decided my car looks pretty crappy in sunlight (orient blue)...tons of swirls marks and chips, and dull paint. How much am I looking at to repaint it the same color? not including engine bay, trunk, or door jams? thanks
Um why dont you get professional detailing first, like using orbital buffers to take out swirls. Wax with Zaino, you will get shiny finish on your car. It costs about 150-300 bucks. Doesnt hurt to try compared to repaint the entire car which can cost from 4k to 10k (according to my bodyshop)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably try that first...but just lookin into new paint also..I know a few guys that work at bodyshops around here so maybe I could get a deal.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not bad! how did it come out compared to oem? did you use oem paint or colormatched?

·
is on da floor
2,741 Posts
L-I-B said:
not bad! how did it come out compared to oem? did you use oem paint or colormatched?
colormatched i believe, these are some pics (not the best pics, but pics) of my car fresh out of paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
car looks awesome! how long did they take to paint it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
try the detail first...most times they can make the car look close to new...any repaint that doesn't include the door jams, engine bay and trunk interior will hurt the resale value of the car by at least 1k

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WhiteDagger said:
Put some stickers over all your roundels to save thousands of $... :idea:
hmm? :hmm:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no thanks.