E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i own a sedan and a convertible obviously the sedan has a way bigger back seat but ive never even been in a coupe. how big are the back seats compaired to the convertible because i know the trunk space is alot more but thats apples and oranges because of the top. looking for a new car and just trying to measure of the space issue to see if i can get away with not having to get a sedan... got to fit 2 car seats in the back soon and in my convertible with just the one carseat the passenger seat needs to be moved up alot and i dont know if i would be able to drive that close even though i havent tried to put it on my side yet

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Honestly not too much of a difference, i've had both.

Only thing about the vert is the seats sit like straight up and down at a 90 degree angle where as the coupes are raked back just a little.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
The coupes also have a space for a third person to sit in the middle, whereas the convertible does not.

·
Registered
133 Posts
How old are your kids? I have a 4 year boy and a 2 year girl, I had the boy in a booster in the back on the passenger side when he was 3, I used this: http://clekinc.com/ozzi/

It's great for our verts, slips right in the bucket area and clips in on one side.

For the girl, she's in a full regular graco seat behind me, and I do have to move the seat up, but she's still little so I can get away with it for now, not sure what'll happen when she starts getting taller.

For now they both sit quite comfortably back there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts