E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much gain do you think that I would gain from the following mods:
I have a 323 btw.

ECIS intake
UUC TSE2
Shark Injector
UUC Pulleys

I know that you can't just add all their claimed hp/torque gains (which would be around 30 hp), but would I get at least 20?

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
If you have a tse2 on a 323, i think you'll get a good gain because its a dual pipe from the headers back. I'm guessing with all those mods. you'll get around 20 or so crank HP, maybe more. But dont expect your car to feel like its supercharged.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
question about UUC TSE2

I heard that people are complaining about the excessive noise and that the connection at the header would become loose or something similar to that. Is the problem solved yet?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I would say thouse mods would defenately make a noticable difference. Especially the shark on 232 I've heard gives very nice results.
I give it 25 HP at crank.

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you believe the websites the Shark and intake are worth 17 to 21 hp. The exhaust is probably worth 5 to 7 since the factory one is not that restrictive and the addition of duals is from the pre-muffler back (already duals from cats to pre-muffler). Pullies won't give any additional but does remove some of the parasitic effect of the original, feels like a bit more but after a few weeks the effect is second nature (I've got them and can vouch for that one). The other numbers are just quotes I've seen or read. So 25 does sound like a good average number.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
My 323Ci has Shark software, Conforti intake, and Borla exhaust and I and my local BMW shop estimate those changes added about 25 hp.

However much it really is, the difference from stock is VERY noticeable, I would say the car is transformed.

Do you have stick or step tranny? Mine is a 5 speed and it's a blast to drive. I was thinking of getting rid of it because it was too quiet and too slow and now I like it a lot better. It's good enough to hold me over until I can get an M3.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,959 Posts
you should feel a nice difference

i say the only thing you would need else not talking about a s/c.
is a light wheel flywheel to make your h/p more effenent to the back wheels.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts