E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Invalid User
9,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHeel Power just quoted me $325 to install the RE Octane SSk. That seems way to freakin' high!! Anyone have know of a better place in the LA area that would do it cheaper??

·
Registered
236 Posts
is that parts and labor or just labor?

1) if its just labor.. it way expensive... most places and most people iknow calls for 1.5 hours

2) if its parts and labor its just about on the dot.. a buddy on the board got it installed for 300 parts and labor

good luck :thumbup:

·
Invalid User
9,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats just labor!! it's $325 for the SSK and $325 for the install. I know that's a rip.. thats why i'm trying to find out where everyone else had their ssk installed. :dunno:

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Just an FYI but our shop charges $200 to do it....

rk

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,649 Posts
I did it myself just to avoid that kind of unneccessary cost. I had to buy a set of screwdrivers, jackstands, and a case of beer(cost for use of buddies garage:thumbup: ) which was way less than $200. Easy install to do on your own. There isnt much to mess you up on the way, just follow the instructions from the Ho-to section

·
Registered
188 Posts
OnMDMA said:
WHeel Power just quoted me $325 to install the RE Octane SSk. That seems way to freakin' high!! Anyone have know of a better place in the LA area that would do it cheaper??
I paid $340 for it on my M3 and it was done by RE themselves in NJ. Also paid $40 more for stiffer tranny mounts. If you have never experienced it, it is incredible. No matter what you pay, you will love it. Took Ben about an hour but remember that he invented it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I installed mine and probably wouldn't do it again. The most difficult part of the process was installing the WSR (the clip at the tranny is a beyotch to install). SSKs w/o a WSR are a breeze to install.

That's the worst of it though.... shifts feel crisp and precise.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Too bad your not in San Diego....I had my UUC SSK installed here for $60 from a official BMW tech....(not on the clock of course) haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.