BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,354 Posts
Changing the color of the car is not worth the money. It would be cheaper to sell the car you have and buy one that's the color you want.

A decent color change paint job would be over $10k and involve disassembling a large portion of the car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
In Montreal, Canada a complete paint job, high quality could run around 3000$. This would make sense if you stick to same color. Changing color will definetely have an impact.

Why don't you flip car, and get a certified Silver 330i? Save your money on paint job , and spend it on engine upgrade :)

Good luck!
Sergio

·
Im The Man
1,266 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
Yeah I agree...trade ur car in for the color you want...it's not worth it...I dunno how sergio is getting a QUALITY paint job for 3 grand...sounds like Maco if you ask me...ne ways a good job will run u upwards of 10k...
10k is way too much. New Dimensions in santa clara got their beetle painted in an incandescent color changing whatever paint done for 8k at German Auto Body. Standard silver for 3-4k is typical for a good job.

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,285 Posts
Yeah, a full paint job, for a different color would involve painting under the hood, under the car, in the door jams... it's a lot of work... and a lot of cash...

Q

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
why did u buy the car black in the first place if you dont' like it?

Otherwise :werd: to everyone else, get rid of yours, take off any DIY's you've done and save it for the next one.

·
Protect Me From What I Want
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the infomation. Appreciate it

I don't have a black car. The 325i lease has already ended. Right now I'm planning on getting a 330i ZHP. Apparently there's a good deal on a jet black ZHP, but I've been dreaming of a silver one. That's why I asked... Not that black is ugly, I just want silver so bad. I will see what I end up with...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts