BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the store where I usually get my Mobil 1 0w-40 oil, and noticed that it was now selling for $8.99/qt., where back in January it was priced at $6.99/qt. I'm not sure if the price increase is due to retailer or wholesaler greed, or whatever else. Just wondering what everyone is paying these days for Mobil 1, and other brands.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I use bmw oil. $8.50/qt

for mobil 1 0w-40 in advance autoparts in NJ it's $8.99/qt

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Walmart has the Mobile 1 0w-40 5 ltr for around $27. Bought some 2 weeks ago..May have to go get a few more .......:hmm:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I try to catch M1 on sale - Advance will run a 5qt + filter deal every so often, and I'll buy two sets. I'll choose filters to use on my other vehicles, because I'd rather use Mann or OEM on the wagon.

If I'm between sales, it's cheaper to get BMW oil at the dealer w/BMWCCA discount.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Walmart has the Mobile 1 0w-40 5 ltr for around $27. Bought some 2 weeks ago..May have to go get a few more .......:hmm:
Ooooh - that's good to know. Last time I checked our Wally World didn't have M1 0W-40, but maybe they'll start carrying it. Love the big jug convenience & price.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Here in Canada its 10.99 a liter! Not to mention our dollar is stronger and has been for awhile! Ripoff.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ooooh - that's good to know. Last time I checked our Wally World didn't have M1 0W-40, but maybe they'll start carrying it. Love the big jug convenience & price.
Just checked my local Wallyworld and they have M1 for about $29, and $7.47/qt, but no 0W-40. Prices still seem high compared to the beginning of the year, but I guess we have to help these oil companies make their huge profits.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
What I don't get is M1 is pure synthetic right? Okay, so they MAKE it from magic with zero base stock in the recipe. Therefore, when prices per barrel jump why would M1 prices rise when they don't even USE crude oil? Clearly market leveraged conspiracy. We lose.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I wouldnt use Mobil 1 even if you paid me to.

So my answer is 0 dollars.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Castrol TWS is like $11 a quart. Anyone use Royal purple?

·
Registered
70 Posts
another way to make your money work at Autozone is ave their rewards card, similar to a grocery card..... Every SEPARATE purchase over $20 gets you a credit towards $20 off a purchase. You need 5 total ($100), and all the places i have been to say you cant just break up a purchase to at the same time (i.e. $60 total into 3 $20 ones, which is bull$hit). However I shop there enough for chemicals, cleaning products and parts for my other vehicles. My last Oil change in the e46 was $20 off of 7 qts, which I did break up the purchase to start the credit towards my next discount...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts