BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
On a related note, prior to having the 2 wheels straightened I was looking at just replacing them. One guy I met was telling me that I got ripped off paying 12k for the car, then proceeded to tell me he was going to get 20k for his convertible zhp. The windows didn't even meet with the roof...
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH lmao people these days, Sounds like a sweet ride man. Post some pics soon:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have a '01 convertible and paid $10k for it on 12/10/09. I've put $8K into maintanence, tire and wheels and minor mods. It's never run as well as it has lately thanks to a couple DIY projects.
Nice, Do you enjoy the convertible?

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
6,805 Posts
bought my 2001 330i in 2005 for 21K with 39K miles. Now she's mine, ALLLLL MINE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought my 330ci on march(2015) for $14,000. It had 44,xxx miles on it. I don't think it is a good deal but where would you find such a low mileage e46?
Now it has 51,xxx miles. I'm in love with it still.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I bought my 330ci on march(2015) for $14,000. It had 44,xxx miles on it. I don't think it is a good deal but where would you find such a low mileage e46?
Now it has 51,xxx miles. I'm in love with it still.
44k is low as heck. Link me photos.

·
Registered
127 Posts
44k is low as heck. Link me photos.
This how it was sold, surprisingly, from craigslist haha.

I know.. I know.. there is a bmw chrome plate in the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I love the rims, and its not a big deal haha, its a license plate don't sweat it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
cheap high mileage car/runs great.

I bought my car last year for £2500 due to high mileage of 180000 which was about the same miles as my black E36 which i sold only because of rust - so direct replacement,i just love black cars.not in the least bothered by mileage. car.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
2002 330i with sport pkg (mtech I :woot:) , cold weather, and premium pkg. Original owner was a doctor and it's been dealer serviced until 90k, then next owner took her in and put another 10k on it. Then I purchased her at 100k miles for $6000 after negotiating down from $7500 on 5/2014. Clean, no accidents, good maintenance history. I've put an additional $3k to $4k in maintenance since then.

Right now I have 138k on it. All maintenance up to date. 6 Speed swap coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Nice ride! Do you know anything about that spoiler? I've been looking for one for a while but have only found lip and window spoilers which I don't like very much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I bought my car last year for £2500 due to high mileage of 180000 which was about the same miles as my black E36 which i sold only because of rust - so direct replacement,i just love black cars.not in the least bothered by mileage. View attachment 619390

looks good for 180,000

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
2002 330i with sport pkg (mtech I :woot:) , cold weather, and premium pkg. Original owner was a doctor and it's been dealer serviced until 90k, then next owner took her in and put another 10k on it. Then I purchased her at 100k miles for $6000 after negotiating down from $7500 on 5/2014. Clean, no accidents, good maintenance history. I've put an additional $3k to $4k in maintenance since then.

Right now I have 138k on it. All maintenance up to date. 6 Speed swap coming soon.

Great, looks fantastic, I'm a sucker for silver :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Paid 8k for my 2002 330ci (Manual) in May 2014. It had 92k miles, now at 107k. I have fully Mango'd my car, restored my interior, added many mods/accessories (not pictured), and after a planned full suspension rebuild and new wheels/tires, I will have spent an additional 8k on the car- all DIY.
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449692427.758609.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449692438.408913.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449692448.691265.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Car was bought for 7K from United BMW in Gwinett, GA. Original sticker was $45,076.

2004 330ci. Cold weather, premium, sport, optional 18in alloys... the works. Originally used by the GM of BMW Manhattan, sold as CPO with only 12K on it in 2007, and then used and very abused by the next owner, and presumably, his evil spawn. My father already had a 330ci, a '05 E46, but his car is impeccably maintained, so I was not expecting any of the problems it had. CarFax shows clean, but it definitely had an accident, with poor paintwork. Picture 3 and 5 show these problems. The dealer did a horrible job on the decklid, first denied that they had done anything wrong, and then made it right after an escalation to the divisional lead. Not impressed.

Over my ownership, I've replaced:
  • 4 tires (from crappy Uniroyals to Michelin AS/3)
  • cooling system
  • brakes (4 pads, 2 rotors)
  • driveshaft guibo
  • differential fluid
  • All suspension components (Bilstein B4 shocks, OEM or OEM supplier for everything else)
  • headliner components
  • door lock cylinder
  • center console trim (ashtray, center piece)
  • passenger side foglight assembly
  • normal maintenance parts (air filters, fuel filter, wipers and so forth)

Modifications:
  • ///M steering wheel
  • OEM MK4 satellite navigation retrofit
  • OEM alarm
  • OEM BlueTooth TCU
  • Brushed columns trim
  • Aux input
Before 1.jpg

Before 2.jpg

Before 3.jpg

Before 5.jpg

After 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

Before and after pictures speak for themselves.

21 - 40 of 138 Posts