BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did some searching and couldn't find a forum about this topic.

I get tons of people who ask me if i payed 7, 8, 9k for my E46 after the mods I've done to it.

I payed 3200 through a private seller. Car has 156,000 and is rising fast as I love to drive. If you would like to participate please post a

-Picture of your e46 when you bought it
-How much you bought it for, And how many miles when you bought it
-A picture of what it looks like as it sits right now in your driveway.

-Bought my 2001 330i for 3200 on Christmas Eve of last year.
-143,000 miles When Purchased
-A little body damage, the side skirts had some damage but other than that an a couple door dings its was a pretty good find.
-Re did whole cooling system
-New pirelli 205-50-r17's
-Kidney Grills
-LED Taillights

-Here is how it sits right now, i fixed up the side skirts and dents and i re did the entire rear end so i think it looks pretty good. Angle eyes are on the way as well as VMR V710 Rims and Carbon Fibre Interior Trim and a fresh new ZHP Shift Knob. If anyone has any suggestions on what i should add to it let me know!

Let me know what you think and please feel free to post! (If one of these threads exists already let me know so i can contact a mod to delete the thread)

AND REMEMBER :pics:

Thanks,
Rweber330i :hi:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I dont have pics or know how to post lolol...

But mine was a 04 325ci on a dealer lot for 11,500$ (was gonna get the zhp 330ci next to it for 18,000 but couldnt afford it :( )

Needed tires so i got it for 11 even$
So far to this day ive done.. in order to my best memory
-tint 15% all around
-black kidneys
-m style 5 speed shift knob
-license plate relocater (damn nj laws)
-alcantara shift boot
-smoked side markers
i would keep going but it starts all maintnence which is too much and most of it is in my sig LOL

Got it with 99k miles and it now has 143k woah

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have pics or know how to post lolol...

But mine was a 04 325ci on a dealer lot for 11,500$ (was gonna get the zhp 330ci next to it for 18,000 but couldnt afford it :( )

Needed tires so i got it for 11 even$
So far to this day ive done.. in order to my best memory
-tint 15% all around
-black kidneys
-m style 5 speed shift knob
-license plate relocater (damn nj laws)
-alcantara shift boot
-smoked side markers
i would keep going but it starts all maintnence which is too much and most of it is in my sig LOL

Got it with 99k miles and it now has 143k woah
Sounds Sweet, if you can find any pics id love to see :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I purchased my 2001 330i 5MT in May of 2015 for just over $6k.

It had 118k miles, cold weather package, premium package, sport package, Mtech 1 bumpers. Since then it's been treated to new rotors/pads, full inspection 2 with fluids filters and plugs, and a clutch replacement.

I've got an M3 wheel (needs a rewrap), black interior trim, a set of style 32's for summer, and a new short shift kit with ZHP shift knob ready to install. Will probably put all of that in when I do the cooling system this spring, followed by a suspensionb refresh.

http://i.imgur.com/xl4iFB9.jpg

Also, I just realized that I've put 10,000 miles on this car in just 6 months...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I just realized that I've put 10,000 miles on this car in just 6 months...
Holy.. Lol thats impressive, Looks super clean. Interested to see what it looks like when you throw the new rims on.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I bought my 2005 Zhp coupe 6spd for 16.5k with 72,000 miles back in August 2011 when the car still blue booked for alittle over 20

·
Registered
130 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/ZI3nhUr.jpg

Got my 02 325xi 5-speed a few months ago with 120K for 5500. It's only got the cold weather package. Tires, brakes, engine cover gasket, oil filter gasket, and a few other things were already done. I did the whole cooling system.

I really didn't intend on messing with the car much, but I'm already buying up bits and pieces I see for good deals.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my 2005 Zhp coupe 6spd for 16.5k with 72,000 miles back in August 2011 when the car still blue booked for alittle over 20
Good Deal, Any pics?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://i.imgur.com/ZI3nhUr.jpg

Got my 02 325xi 5-speed a few months ago with 120K for 5500. It's only got the cold weather package. Tires, brakes, engine cover gasket, oil filter gasket, and a few other things were already done. I did the whole cooling system.

I really didn't intend on messing with the car much, but I'm already buying up bits and pieces I see for good deals.
Picture is bigger than my house lmfao, But sweet ride. I redid my whole cooling system too lol not fun at all :banghead:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought it in 2008 with 80k miles for 10k. I have 155k now and put in double what I paid for the car. On my cross country trip I put 6k miles in 10 days lol.
I put 13k in a year you put 6k in 10 days lmao, I really like what you've done to it, do you have any other pics you could throw in here?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Picture is bigger than my house lmfao, But sweet ride. I redid my whole cooling system too lol not fun at all :banghead:
Yeah, this site doesn't seem to use the fit-to-window display from imgur, so I dropped the embed. The cooling system wasn't that bad, honestly. BMW seems to design their cars knowing someone will have to work on it.

My other toy... http://i.imgur.com/Hb3KgI4.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
04' 330i ZHP 6MT

Paid 6500 for it one year ago this month. Ive put about 1k in pre-maintenance.

Had 124k on it when bought and now has 144k, love driving it. Ill probably never get rid of this car.

Day I brought it home was all blacked out. Ugly.

Today its back too how it looked off the showroom floor. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
04' 330i ZHP 6MT

Paid 6500 for it one year ago this month. Ive put about 1k in pre-maintenance.

Had 124k on it when bought and now has 144k, love driving it. Ill probably never get rid of this car.

Day I brought it home was all blacked out. Ugly.

Today its back too how it looked off the showroom floor. :thumbsup:
Sweet ride man. Good thing you got rid of all the uneccessary black crap.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I bought my 328Ci for $6300 before taxes and licensing with 122k miles. I've also put an additional 3 grand in my 7 months of ownership.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I have a '01 convertible and paid $10k for it on 12/10/09. I've put $8K into maintanence, tire and wheels and minor mods. It's never run as well as it has lately thanks to a couple DIY projects.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
2000 328Ci with 104k or so I think. payed 7300. probably put about 4-5k into it over the past three years, now at 119k.

purchased at a mercedes dealership :\

·
Registered
358 Posts
I picked up a 2005 zhp in black (can't post pictures from work) last May for $12k (Canadian) with 132k (kms, again, I'm Canadian :p, about 82k miles). Very good condition. Some stone chips on the front bumper, hood and fenders have the 3M protective film and came with a set of brand new snow tires mounted, and pretty new Michelin PSS unmounted. Some fairly minor curb rash on the 135s. Some scratches and marks on the interior, but generally very clean (you had to be looking for imperfections to really notice them).

Proceeded to bend 2 of the 135s at the track, have since gotten them straightened and bought a set of Sparco Pro Corsa's (18x8F, 18x9R) which I got powder coated bronze (the powder-coater wants to take some pictures to show off to other potential customers). I replaced the sway bar end links up front as one started clunking over speed bumps. I replaced the FCABs with poly ones. Also replaced the transmission mounts with poly (UUC blue) and have M3 engine mounts sitting around waiting to be installed (needed a long socket extension and haven't gotten under the car since picking one up). Got the rear subframe reinforced with turner plates (kind of wish I'd saved the money as I shortly there after discovered that the 05s have a better floor panel). While the shop was getting that done they installed an Active Autowerke exhaust (which I will likely be putting back to stock and selling the AA to pay some bills shortly, I didn't notice much difference between them).

On a related note, prior to having the 2 wheels straightened I was looking at just replacing them. One guy I met was telling me that I got ripped off paying 12k for the car, then proceeded to tell me he was going to get 20k for his convertible zhp. The windows didn't even meet with the roof...

1 - 20 of 138 Posts