BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

How many resonators should I keep on my 323i ?

• Two plus the aftermarket exhaust

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • One plus the aftermarket exhaust

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Straight pipe to aftermarket exhaust

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my exhaust louder...i know some have cut off the resonators but should I go the full blown two of just keep one on...thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now it sound sick, I just want it louder.....but if I start hacking **** off I want to make sure its only gonna get better !!

·
booo for body roll.
3,417 Posts
just take off one.. if u take off two u might regret it because its too loud.. but since u say it sounds sick now. one will only make it sound better and not worse.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,915 Posts
UltimateOne said:
It depends on your aftermarket exhaust before you can figure out the sound...
yup, totally agree with UltimateOne.

started out with both, drove for a week to see how I liked the sound. After that, it was still quiet for my tastes, so I hacked one off.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,915 Posts
Hey whats up?
I was running the UUC TSE.
Hmm, I would guess it was about 15-20% louder.
It just really opened it up. Know what I mean?

Currently I'm running the Active Autowerke exhaust.
pm or email me if you want a sound clip.

Peace

·
Psshhhht M3
5,894 Posts
I was running remus dtm with no resonators for awhile, best sound ive heard from a 330 yet. Up until i did something else:thumbup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it possible to take both of the resonators off....today when I was at the shop the guy said something about not being able to do it.....if you guys have done it could you advise me on to how they took both of the resonators off..thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts