BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

How many people have their got damaged after servicing?

• Yes, and I would like a copy of the walk through sheet

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No, BUT I would like a copy of the walk through sheet

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Yes, AND I don\'t want that sheet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, AND I don\'t want that sheet

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and when you get your ride back there are body damage or rim got scratched or ride been driven a long way for no reason.....etc?

The reason I'm asking is, how many people are interested in a sheet that look like what the dealer has, that need the service rep to walk around your car and write down what's been damaged before the service, the mileage and the gas....etc.

And ask them to sign and they have to responsible for your ride during the time of servicing.

Thanks. :D

·
Believe it!!!
843 Posts
just go to a good dealership..

my dealership treats me well.. they know me already.. cause i've been there too many times... (car got towed 2x cause of battery problems)

·
needs a new sig...
4,621 Posts
my dealership treats me well also..the old service mamager used to come to my house with a loaner and take my car in for service and then drop my car off later..ahh those were the days..but even now i drive in they have a loaner BMW for me and my car has never been damaged for driven excessivly...

·
Registered
443 Posts
All the dealers I go to do this already and I don't have to ask them .

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Every time I call them, they automatically tell me they will have a loaner ready for me. But I didnt get this treatment until I started coming there with the M3. They automatically do a walkaround now, and I have been greated by everyone as Sir.

I think age and appearance do make a difference, although it shouldnt.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
A thing I didn't notice before, they don't give the sheet until AFTER they're done. Isn't that kind of pointless, so if they do cause damage then they can just mark it down on the sheet as if it was there was damage before.

·
ACS Fanatics
727 Posts
I have to admit i hate my dealership

I think they forgot to tighthen my wheels once, and my back left wheel almost came off:sad: ...go figure

But i have a gd sales representative so i still go there:thumbup:

·
BMW Land Barge
1,376 Posts
I haven't bothered at VOB. In some ways they are very annoying and frustrating, but they don't **** up the cars and they don't drive them more than necessary. (Part of the reason service isn't very good there is that they are so busy that they don't have time to figure out what's wrong.)

·
Registered
489 Posts
same here. My dealership had a sheet ready to document dings/scrapes/etc when I got there. Turns out, they found a ding I didn't even know was there! :tsk: Some bastid prob dinged me in some parking lot. :mad:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had my car serviced last week and found a nice ding on the edge of my driver's side door after I picked my car up. Needless to say I was pissed, but the dealer has agreed to fix it and has handled the situation professionally. The dealer does a walk around when the car is brought in and there was no ding noted. Besides, I'm one of those that is extra careful where I park my car and I know I certainly didn't open my car into anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts