E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my dealer had to order my 03 coupe, how many miles will be on the odo when I take delivery?

Thank you

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
I had around 30 or so. I ordered, waited three months and they finally delivered it to the sister dealership (main/larger of the two) on the northside of town. so they had to drive it down to the southside where I ordered the car.

·
Nymphomaniac
264 Posts
150 is too high for a brand new car, you have to ask yourself did they use my car as a demo car.

Mine had 13 on it because they kept the car on a separate lot from the main lot.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i bought it new. IT had -29 miles on it. Yep thats a negative

·
Registered
751 Posts
p0tpie said:
i bought it new. IT had -29 miles on it. Yep thats a negative
:wtf: does that mean?

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
i had 7.................expect 1 - 10, unless they used your car for some shiet

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
BMW328Ci said:

:wtf: does that mean?
it means that the dealer was 19 miles east of my house. So when i picked up my car, i drove 10 more miles east to my cousins house and paid the dealer through my swiss bank account. There the deal was made and on the car it showed -29 yes negative miles.

·
Nymphomaniac
264 Posts
A little off topic

Since ur gonna get a coupe, if you don't want the dealer to drill holes in your bumper to mount the plates call them now and tell them. I forgot about it and they drilled holes in mine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Last year i got to visit the Munich factory and i took a close look at the cars coming off the production line. After they are started they are driven about 50 feet to a special bay that takes the car thru a special engine test...the driver is prompted by a computer screen mounted on the wall to go thru a series of tests. It takes about 4-5 miles...if the car doesnt pass the test, it is pulled out and worked on then rerun thru the test (hence the multiples of lets say 5x # of tests) . ..so to anwer you question...i think it will have ATLEAST 5 miles

·
Registered
38 Posts
6 on mine when the car was delivered to my dealer. My salesman called me to come over and see it. When I got there, he tossed the key to me and said to take it to the gas station down the road and fill it up, courtesy of the dealer of course. This was even before I gave them my money and signed all the related documents the next day. The next day I picked it up, it had 7 so I suppose they prepped it up and took for a final spin to confirm that everything was okay for my delivery.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts