E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive owned my dakar yellow E46 M3 for 2 an 1/2 years and ive only met 2 other people with this color M3 i know they are out there but are few and far between. i was wondering if anyone knew if there are any other owners on this board? or other boards.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Relatively few. For most people - a bright lemon yellow car is a no-go. IMO the DY doesn't look as good on the E46 lines as it did on the E36 - but that is just opinion.

I have seen just three.

·
Registered
593 Posts
IMO the DY doesn't look as good on the E46 lines as it did on the E36 - but that is just opinion.

I have seen just three.
/agree. Though I hate Phoenix (Piss) yellow and loved Dakar, it just doesn't look as good (in pictures anyway) as it did on the E36. Maybe it's because the E36 had the black moulding running down the sides of the car to break up the total lemon look of the Dakar E46 M3's.

I haven't ever seen one in person, even at BMW meets. It's a custom ordered color so it's pretty rare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's mine.

A long way from you though!:hi:

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
DY needs clear and bright sun to look good, otherwise its blah, and only the E36 can pull it off all day long.

·
Registered
460 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.