E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased KW v2's from a member and was wondering how low could i really go.

Would this drop be attainable for me on my stock 16's (sig obviouslly fake)? I understand the m3, from the look of it, has 19" CSL wheels. The drop of the m3 in the pic is what i would like to get close to on my drop.
I will be getting 18's or 19's in the near future but for now...

Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,762 Posts
I'm thinking, OP, that it snows in PA.

I'm also thinking that you're forgetting this...and speed bumps and steep inclines...and that if you don't have another car and this is a daily driver, that you should probably spend time maintaining your car.

I can see the oil on the aggregate protective cover, the seeping PS fluid (hoses underneath are bad), the inside of your MAF needs cleaning, the intake boot is about a week away from springing a leak, you're using the wrong oil and coolant, your trans and dif fluids need flushing...as does brake fluid.

Now, I have to say, this 'vision' of mine, might not be of your car...might be another fanatic's :lmao: but just wanted to mention it in case others are reading this with similar thinking as yours.

Oh, I'm old, btw, which is why I sound like something else...but I'm not that...just old! Ask anyone here...they'll all verify that. Some have even seen me live...some have... well...not really a "General" topic, more a regional thing...but some have, uh, shall we say, done things with Orange Blossom honey that probably brought them great comfort and joy.... Not me, mind you, but some. You have no idea what I just said, do you? Sorry...we'll call that a threadjack and hopefully be cool!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking, OP, that it snows in PA.

I'm also thinking that you're forgetting this...and speed bumps and steep inclines...and that if you don't have another car and this is a daily driver, that you should probably spend time maintaining your car.
Fortunately this car is not a daily driver for me. I have it garage kept while im at school from thanksgiving break to spring break. Thanks for the concern on keeping up with maintenance. I do my best to keep everything in check.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
the body of the car is gonna be incredibly low with the 16s, youre gonna have problems getting around

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,762 Posts
Fortunately this car is not a daily driver for me. I have it garage kept while im at school from thanksgiving break to spring break. Thanks for the concern on keeping up with maintenance. I do my best to keep everything in check.
I'm really bad about maintenance...as in, I'm obsessed with it...to a point. And I honestly am partly in disbelief and partly in envy of those who have gotten to the point of maintenance where they can think just about appearance. I also know, many shift their priorities and focus from the maintaining to the 'low, et. al.'

On suspension stuff...just don't play with the looks alone. If you go low, there's a lot you sacrifice...in part, the speed bumps and inclines...which are present winter and summer both...in part because many have an issue with getting a proper alignment, they've had suspension components bent so they can go lower, they're not really 'setting up' the car as much as just thinking of the 'low.'

You have a beautiful car; we all do...some...and probably more than I think, have messed up the handling seriously by playing engineer/artist. Some can't drive fat people at all...some can't drive moderately heavy people over the smallest pothole without bottoming out.

If you're an engineering student and have studied and planned this drop diligently...then again, bygones. I know many have done a little drop and know what they're doing...some have gone lower still and really know what they're doing...but here, I hear about 'no fat people,' tires rubbing, shaving body parts to get tires to fit...not being able to get over the 1 1/2" edge of driveway. I just don't get it...sorry to say! You're at PSU, so I'll assume you're not an idiot, so just be smart about what you plan and do and be very careful taking advice from here. Many will help you do what you want, but few know how to do it properly...consider your source and sources!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts