BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i have the uuc tse3 cat-back exhaust, and i am looking to get some ebay headers in the next couple of months, the only thing holding me back a little is the fact that ive heard it sounds honda-esq. which is not what im looking for at all. Has any one tried this and can give me an accurate description of what it sounds like and if it is aa definite no-no.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing not to long ago. Then I came across like 20 threads that discussed this topic of it being ridiculously loud with headers. The reason being is the UUC tse3 was made to be run with stock manifolds so it is already loud like that just not to loud but once you throw headers in the mix all your neighbors will soon hate you.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Once I sat in my car after starting it for about 30 minutes talking to someone on the phone. Once I was done with the call, I had forgotten the car was started and went to start it again. *sssccrraaappeeeeee* you know the sound.

If you can't forget that your motor is running while sitting in the car, it's too loud!:rofl:

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
too loud to me, is if i cant have a reasonable convo in the car at 30/50/80mph. Or if it drones like a Mofo. But if you can get your car to be loud without being obnoxious in the cabin. I say go for it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
too loud to me, is if i cant have a reasonable convo in the car at 30/50/80mph. Or if it drones like a Mofo. But if you can get your car to be loud without being obnoxious in the cabin. I say go for it.
:eek: I cant have "normal" convos cause of my setup.

I gave a kid a ride home work once and he said, it's a lot more quite in the cabin then it is from the outside.

I still like my setup and wouldnt mind going louder with a tse3 :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
And you also have to come to a point where you ask yourself can my cars performance back up all that sound? And its sad to say but most e46's just can't which makes you just the same as all those ricers with fart cannons on their car only your car is just slightly nicer being a bmw. Other than that its the same concept.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts