E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Just got my car back from the body shop yesterday,Got some new paint in some areas how long do I have to wait to wax it? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well for anyone who is wondering the same thing, I just called my body shop and they told me I can wax right away.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My bodyshop says 2 weeks. I waited 3 weeks to be safe. No problems!

Definitely don't wax right away. That paint continues to dry harden. I could smell the paint in my garage for the first few days, proof that the solvents were still evaporating (paint drying).

3 months is way too long. Go with 3 weeks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
gt3creative said:
awsome thanks for the replies everyone, i'm going to wait a month then attack it. Thanks again!
two weeks will be fine, you can wax if you want too..the paint already dried. To be safe..two weeks is enough time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Look on the inside door of the new vehicle. The date of manufacturer is clearly stamped along with other manufacturer's information or ask your dealer to help identify the assembly date. Waxing is safe after 30 days of assembly. Most cars at a dealership are over 30 days old and are safe to polish anytime after delivery.

Courtesy of Turtlewax.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
working at a bodyshop,
we inform customers to wait 30 days before hand washing painted panels with soap and 3 months before waxing painted panels.
this is pretty much the guidelines set with the dupont paint warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts