E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BMW Gallery of Norwell in Massachussettes?

I just ordered a new car 3 weeks ago at the BMW Gallery of Norwell in Massachussettes. I would like to know how is the service department at this dealership? Can anyone on this board who owened a bmw at this dealership please tell me any of your experiences about BWM Gallery of Norwell? Thanks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'll begin this reply by being honest and telling you I have NOTHING to benefit from this. That said, Norwell's Gallery is THE best dealership I have EVER dealt with. I'm 29, have owned Audi, Acura, as well as other marques and the svc mgr Adam Silva and the rest of the guys there (Rick, Don, John, Ryan) are awesome! I can not guarantee everyone gets the same treatment but my car is modded quite a bit (Bilstein PSS, 19" Breytons, software, intake, etc) and have had my subframe worked on AND replaced under warranty for free as well as many other stuff. All they ask for is a little respect. Show them some, and you'll get it back tenfold. Sorry for the long reply but I can't even tell you how many times they've gone WAY out of their way to please me. By the way, mine is a '00 323ci- the lowest of the food chain and they STILL treat me way beyond any expectations I had. Hope that helps!

Ari

·
Registered
751 Posts
one of my friends sister bought a 330Ci from them and she totally changed all the audio, also had intake software and exhaust, new rims and suspension. She just traded it in and got an M3 from the same place, that could only mean good things

I personally have never taken my car to them, i go to Peabody and have always been treated AMAZING there, and i am only 17!! I guess you cant lose at dealerships in MA

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only way to find out is to basically try it out... service departments deal with hundreds of ppl per day and i bet you not everyone is happy... BMW328ci: love the service at Peabody, but guess what, i've heard of complaints there too... I work at Norwood, but do i think our service dept. needs alot of imporvement.. YES... I head HC sucks.. but my uncle swears they're the best... so whose to say..

My suggestion is to go service your car there, if you don't like it there... too bad its their loss...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all for all your replies:thumbup: :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BAVARIAN323i said:
What dealer are you going to now?
I've already ordered my car from BMW Gallery of Norwood. I've heard good things about BMW of Peabody's service department.

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
Just stay away from Herb Chamber's BMW in Boston.

·
The Man
328 Posts
Only had my car since november but peabody rocks. Boston sucks. I have never had to go back yet but if I do I am going to peabody.

Never heard anything bad about Norwell.

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
PowerDrift said:
Just stay away from Herb Chamber's BMW in Boston.
Allow me to disagree. I bought my 330ci there 9 months ago and would buy from them again. All major service will be done at HC as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
like i said before.. no one can really judge on how good the service dept. is.... it seems like we all have a difference of opinion...hehehe

·
738 Posts
AndyXXL said:

Allow me to disagree. I bought my 330ci there 9 months ago and would buy from them again. All major service will be done at HC as well.
Well, you might have been lucky so far, but they had been extemely arrogant about a lot of things. I recently asked them to change my oil since i didn't want to do it myself in this weather. I said that I would pay for it and would bring my own motor oil. They refused to do it saying that BMW's don't require oil changes before 15K miles and they will not use any motor oil other than what they have.

The first time they changed my oil, they overfilled it by half a quart. They overtorque one of my wheels after brake service and I had to use a breaker bar to loosen it.

Each time I brought it in for service, they either left new scuff marks on my leather seats or I found some greasy finger prints in the interior.

Those were just my experience. On their defense, their sales staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Buying from them is alright, but everyone that I've ever talked to about them says they always charge more for the same car than compared to FMW BMW, Peabody BMW, or BMW Gallery. I have a feeling that this is because if I don't buy for a certain price, they will have plenty of BU and BC kids coming into to buy them with their parent's money.

I'm sure there have been people with good experience with them, but you are only the 2nd person that like their service. It just so happens that me and a few others have bad luck with them. A side note, the service at Herb Chambers Lexus is awesome tho.

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
I hear what you're saying. I also heard lots of horror stories about their service. I'll see how it goes when I bring my car to them in a couple of weeks for Inspection I. It would have been much easier for me to go to FMW but HC is the only dealership that offered me a loaner. I live in Burlington and work in Cambridge, so loaner is a must.
With regards to the pricing, they offered me a couple of hundred dollars less than BMW of Peabody.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like HC... I bought 2 cars from them in the past 2 yrs. Id talk to muhammed he is a pretty straight shooter. As for the others I wouldnt trust them. Call moe and get a good deal.

·
738 Posts
AndyXXL said:
I hear what you're saying. I also heard lots of horror stories about their service. I'll see how it goes when I bring my car to them in a couple of weeks for Inspection I. It would have been much easier for me to go to FMW but HC is the only dealership that offered me a loaner. I live in Burlington and work in Cambridge, so loaner is a must.
With regards to the pricing, they offered me a couple of hundred dollars less than BMW of Peabody.
That is true. BMW Gallery in Norwood offers me loaners, so I go there now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts