BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much of a difference will i feel if i go with 18" breyton imagines?
will a it be significant difference?

·
Registered
286 Posts
It will be heavier than what you currently have (if you have stock rims). If may not be enough that you will be able to notice. If you are into Auto-x or running your car at the track it would not be a good idea to use those rims, as they will hurt your performance. But if running your car at its peak performance capabilities is not your desire or goal then they won't be a problem. Many people here run their E46 with those rims and most don't seem to complain. Good luck

DJ

·
Owner
4,056 Posts
you will suffer a slight loss in acceleration, gas mileage, and braking power. however, the loss will be very small and shouldn't really bother you unless you're trying to race.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn lol.. how much heavier is a breyton imagine then a stock 330isport wheel which i think is an m68 not sure.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I put on 18" M3 wheels on my 330ci in lieu of the M68's. The M3 wheels where 4lbs ea heavier (with tires) than my M68's, and i swear it felt more nible with the M68's.
The Brytons are around 3-5lbs heavier than the M68's (around 26-27lbs ea) so the difference will be slight but you may notice it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts