E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the new is finally starting to wear off (took about a year) and i want to have more fun - power slides, doughnuts, and the sorts

Can I take corners hard and kick out the rear end and have fun like that (for the safety conscience - i'd be doing stuff like this away from people) without doing damage to the car

I know my baby is a beast, but can she handle all i put her through?

·
ACS Fanatics
635 Posts
Well

If i am not tired maybe i can push it quite far away...depends on the inclination of the road and stuff:eeps:

If you want to do all that might i suggest doing it in a very big parking lot, empty of people of course. Never done any kind of that...not that my slush box can do anything like that:cry:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Track day... Ask them to make you go on a polished skid pad, and do turns and try to control the car. .The best mod you could ever do is to mod the nut behind the wheel. :D

But to answer your question, yes your BMW could handle it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
hey 02black330i, that picture in your sig looks mighty familiar. If you go towards downtown saratoga like 400 yards from there, you will find a call box. Look over that ledge and you will find a 4th gen prelude. He was driving with us in the mountains when he went over there. .:tsk:

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
yafool said:
hey 02black330i, that picture in your sig looks mighty familiar. If you go towards downtown saratoga like 400 yards from there, you will find a call box. Look over that ledge and you will find a 4th gen prelude. He was driving with us in the mountains when he went over there. .:tsk:
what happened to him?? did he crash??? or what. was he on the meet/drive with us or did this happen at a different time?

·
Registered
314 Posts
no, this wasnt at the meet. He was a friend of my friend. We had about 8 cars that went up one night to drive and then he went over that ledge. He was right in front of me. It looked like he hit the side patch of gravel and then lost control in oversteer. he hit the bank, missing that call box by inches and hit a tree about 8 feet from its base. then he just kept rolling down from there. He made it out alive. The saratoga fire dept and paramedics sucks though, cause it took them like 30 mins to get there. here are a few pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
another

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
This was where he went over, looking from the road. You can see his tire marks. I think that its either that car handles like **** or he really ****ed up. Cause we werent going fast just yet. We just started rolling from that parking lot where you guys took that picture for the meet.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
haha, yea of couse. Hes supposely driven those roads dozens of times. i dont know. He was always a cocky driver. My girlfriend is from saratoga and some of my other friends too, so i go up to those roads whenever im in town. When are you guys having another meet there?

·
Registered
314 Posts
question.... why do you have darker front tints then your back ones?

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
yafool said:
haha, yea of couse. Hes supposely driven those roads dozens of times. i dont know. He was always a cocky driver. My girlfriend is from saratoga and some of my other friends too, so i go up to those roads whenever im in town. When are you guys having another meet there?
hmm...dont know yet. maybe in a month or to.

my front tints are lighter than my back. higher the number, lighter the tints.:thumbup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
ah, i see, thats what i got too then. sweet:thumbup: :thumbup:
post info for the meet and ill see if i can make it. Looks like it would be a lot of fun.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
yafool said:
ah, i see, thats what i got too then. sweet:thumbup: :thumbup:
post info for the meet and ill see if i can make it. Looks like it would be a lot of fun.
ok koo, just keep an eye out for the event forum. thats where everything will be posted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.