BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I managed to drive 760 miles on one tank of fuel. I averaged 45.3mpg on my road trip from Bilbao (North Spain) to Calais (North France). Just wondering what is the maximum anyone else has driven on one full tank of fuel...

·
Registered
26,263 Posts
Yesterday I managed to drive 760 miles on one tank of fuel. I averaged 45.3mpg on my road trip from Bilbao (North Spain) to Calais (North France). Just wondering what is the maximum anyone else has driven on one full tank of fuel...
Is that diesel?

Nice!

I get 34.5 mpg at 71 mph, and the tank is 16.6-17.9 gals...I don't know which.

I think you win on mileage per gallon, unless you meant kilometers and kpl

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have managed 695miles out a tank in my 320Cd, it states 48mpg which cannot be right or I should have managed almost 800miles from the tank.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
On average, with a decent mix of city & highway I average 18.8 MPG and I get about 310 projected range for each tank. On the highway, I get around 27-30 mpg.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ive gotten around 450 on a tank before.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I think the OP must be driving a manual transmission 2 litre diesel. I have attained nearly 500 miles on one tank on the highway with my 328ci with a 5 speed manual averaging 75MPH.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that diesel?

Nice!

I get 34.5 mpg at 71 mph, and the tank is 16.6-17.9 gals...I don't know which.

I think you win on mileage per gallon, unless you meant kilometers and kpl
Yeah im talking about miles per gallon... i've a 320d 6speed Manual...

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Prius is such a piece of crap, why not just bring us better diesels instead of this hybrid crap????? At least the BMW is a nice place to be. Every Prius I have driven feels like a base model mini van.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Got just under 500mi back in march, spring break trip from Missouri to Ohio. I put dual tanks in my ranger and it gets about 900 on a fill up. Soo nice only getting gas once a month.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
840 kms once just to see how far it would go. I usually fill up with still a quarter tank left.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts