BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my car...so much that I named her Betty. I like my car clean like I love my women clean. I can't stand to see my Betty's engine dirty and dusty. How can I wash my engine without damaging anything? That engine is full of electronics and I don't want to short out anything.

Keep your car clean to attract clean women to get clean sex. :str8pimpi

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
GottaLoveIt said:
spray it on and hose it off??? won't i get water all over sophisticated electronics etc?
The sophisticated electronics in BMWs are actually water proof. Take a high pressure water hose, say 200 psi, and just go at it like a tooth pick.

Kidding

Take tin foil and wrap up any wires with it. Then spray on tons of Simple Green degreaser and work it around with a brush. Hose it down and dry with a towel. It's easy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is gonna sound nuts but I have done it several times and it really works. That and I learned it from a link on this forum. Cover all sensitive areas (electric, etc) with foil.......spray entire engine and bay liberally with WD40.......wait about 10 minutes.....lightly spray or hose off with water........viola!!!! sparkling clean engine bay!!!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
... spray the whole engine compartment with regular $1.50 degreaser (Gunk is pretty good), let it stand for 5-10 minutes depending how dirty it is, rinse with water, turn engine on after rinse, wait for all the water to dry, spray Armor All to the plastics.

Being doing this for some 15 years... no problems at all. :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts