E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Eurowerkz Co-Founder
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone i know is picking one up this winter, and wants to race me. Right now i just have the AA supercharger and TSE1, but by the time my car is back on the road itll have a 5speed manual tranny, 3.38diff, AA clutch/flywheel and rogue SSK. How do you think the race would go?

he's looking to put a few bolt ons on his car too. nothing serious tho, just intake, exhaust, etc the usuall small bolt ons.

·
Registered
718 Posts
What are the numbers on the Camaro SS? My guess is that you will get whooped. You may have a similar HP number but his torque will allow him to pull on you like nobody's business.

·
Eurowerkz Co-Founder
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no idea... its a stock SS i think they come with 320hp. ive handled vettes before no prob.

·
needs a new sig...
4,497 Posts
SCed you can beat him. Not saying that you will but the cars will perform simalirly in a straight line. its all about the driver in that race

·
Registered
718 Posts
I found 5.1 0-60 and 13.9 @ 98 MPH online. Not sure how accurate that is though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
that would be a good race for the track.
i had a 97 z28 6speed. 285hp.
with gears,centerforce clutch,intake, borla exhaust,and underdrive pulley.
i ran 13.02 with nitto drags radials. spun the tires 1st 2nd, and some
of 3rd fear and still put down 13.02.
now a 02 ss has like 320 hp and crazy torque.
is the camaro auto or stick?

·
Registered
718 Posts
faithmassive said:
^ does that trap speed sound wrong to anyone else?
The 0-60 does not seem to jive with the 1/4. According to C and D or R and T, can't remember which, the SS is good for a 0-60 of 5.4. It did not give a 1/4 time.

·
Eurowerkz Co-Founder
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Test Time MPH
0-60 ' 2.15 sec 31.02 mph
1/4 Mile 13.48 sec 104.59 mph
100 Yds 5.46 sec 62.95 mph
200 Yds 8.27 sec 81.86 mph
300 Yds 10.59 sec 93.19 mph
400 Yds 12.68 sec 101.53 mph

there are AA's numbers for the SC'd steptronic car. on those numbers it runs 0-62.95 in 5.46. so id assume 0-60 for the car would prob be 5.2ish? oh yeah when i race him im not gonn hav steptronic anymore, ill have the 5speed w/ 3.38diff, etc.

·
Registered
728 Posts
SS coupe stick did 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. SS convertible stick did it in 5.3. Numbers courtesy of Car and Driver. Why do I know that? Oddly enough I spend all day looking at the C&D desk calender and the convertible SS was the November 15 (yesterday) vehicle. I haven't torn off yesterday's sheet yet so it's sitting right in front of me.

·
Registered
770 Posts
JRobUSC said:
SS coupe stick did 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. SS convertible stick did it in 5.3. Numbers courtesy of Car and Driver. Why do I know that? Oddly enough I spend all day looking at the C&D desk calender and the convertible SS was the November 15 (yesterday) vehicle. I haven't torn off yesterday's sheet yet so it's sitting right in front of me.
that sounds about right :thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
rjk85 said:
Someone i know is picking one up this winter, and wants to race me. Right now i just have the AA supercharger and TSE1, but by the time my car is back on the road itll have a 5speed manual tranny, 3.38diff, AA clutch/flywheel and rogue SSK. How do you think the race would go?

he's looking to put a few bolt ons on his car too. nothing serious tho, just intake, exhaust, etc the usuall small bolt ons.
The 02 SS turned a 13.2-13.3 1/4 @ 105-109. With a good intake/exhaust upgrade it can be very near 13 flat. You will be toast. Oh, BTW, I'm not seeing you're "handling vettes" unless they are pre C5's & aren't aware they're in a race. The SS with the factory exhaust option was 335 hp.

·
Registered
386 Posts
rjk85 said:
no idea... its a stock SS i think they come with 320hp. ive handled vettes before no prob.
If you handled Vettes before, why are you asking about a Camaro SS?
Given: Vette > Camaro SS
Given: SC 330CI > Vette
Therefore: SC 330CI > Camaro SS

·
Registered
640 Posts
Paper Tiger said:
If you handled Vettes before, why are you asking about a Camaro SS?
Given: Vette > Camaro SS
Given: SC 330CI > Vette
Therefore: SC 330CI > Camaro SS
Tiger, you clearly don't know anything about Vettes and Camaros. Camaros put more power to the wheels than vettes. (assuming all other things being equal).

This could be a driver's race at low speeds (even though the SS should win), but if you go from a roll, you're going to get SMOKED hardcore. Good luck though, let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
718 Posts
Smoltz said:
Tiger, you clearly don't know anything about Vettes and Camaros. Camaros put more power to the wheels than vettes. (assuming all other things being equal).
HUH? :hmm:

·
Registered
640 Posts
330man said:
HUH? :hmm:

Camaros/Firebirds are Live Axle, Corvette has IRS. Live Axle is more efficient at putting power to the ground. If you take a camaro and C5 that weigh the same with the same power, the Camaro will win in a drag race.

Thanks,
Adam

1 - 20 of 25 Posts