BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving my 318i for 670km when I stopped in traffic in the night vehicle temperature short up from the half the towards the 3/4 mark I decided to by the roadside and switched off the engine quickly opened the hood so could loosen up the the radiator cap to release pressure as the inlet and outlet radiator hoses had swelled up. Before I could do the expansion tank exploded. The following morning I called for the mechanic to have a look at it, after installing a new expansion tank and starting the vehicle mechanic said the head cylinder had wapped he said my the head gasket had wapped coz the inlet and outlet hose were bulging and it hard start. I need a second opinion on this matter thank you

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only way to check is to pull the head and check it with a straight edge and feeler gauge but before pulling the head check all head bolts by backing them off and re torque the bolts 22 ft lbs then 90 degrees and then another 90 degrees to check to see if the threads stripped in the engine block

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only way to check is to pull the head and check it with a straight edge and feeler gauge but before pulling the head check all head bolts by backing them off and re torque the bolts 22 ft lbs then 90 degrees and then another 90 degrees to check to see if the threads stripped in the engine block
Thanks that's useful

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts