E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
park it in the ghetto overnight...

or try getting dental floss under the edge of it and pulling. A hairdryer will help loosen the adhesive.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its on by adhesive? i was under the impression that theirs 2 pins or something, are you sure your not thinking of the model number (ie - 325Ci, M3, etc)

im talking about the BMW emblem in the center

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
You are right. They are under two plastic pins. The two plastic pins also have this plastic cover that slides on to the pins.

Anyhow, use a very small flathead screw driver. Wrapped the screwdriver with a cloth so that you won't scratch your paint. Slowly try to pry your roundel.

Be patient or else you are going to scratch your paint =)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ADA said:
You are right. They are under two plastic pins. The two plastic pins also have this plastic cover that slides on to the pins.

Anyhow, use a very small flathead screw driver. Wrapped the screwdriver with a cloth so that you won't scratch your paint. Slowly try to pry your roundel.

Yep... that's the way the Bently shows it how to do it.

·
Go Lakers!!!
2,467 Posts
ADA said:

:werd:

That's how I removed the roundel on my 5 series when I changed it. Once you have pulled the roundel out a little bit, you can then just grab it and twist it off!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Diy

Check this DIY :
http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/E30-Roundel/E30-Roundel.htm
The first step is to remove the existing Roundel. The method of removal varies, but the end result is the same, you must gently pry the old Roundel off. In this case we simply used a credit card as a fulcrum point, then inserted a flat-head screwdriver between the Roundel and the hood. Remember to use caution when prying off the old Roundel. Go slowly and using light force, and it should come right off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.