BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what up! i was wondering if anyone could give me a pretty good "How to..." on how to spin donuts. Or if anyone just wants to add their two cents thatd be koo. Every lil bit helps. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
hum......well since u have an s4 aka all wheel drive....its not gonna be easy.....apart from that...it will also be very hard on your drive train but none the less

traction control off, in first, steering turned whichever direction you want, rev pop clutch and give gas.....

but again.....since you have AWD you mite just end up chirping the tires rather than doing donuts...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops sorry forgot to mention i also have a 2000 330Ci. Yea that S4 would make things a bit more complicating.

·
Banned
8,818 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, open diff is bad for donuts and powerslides.

My car has also developed a bad case of wheelhop when I try to spin the tires in first gear...

I'm hoping the UUC suspension will take care of that (my shocks are probably starting to get pretty worn, 52,000 miles, 6 years old and at least 10 autocrosses and alot of spirited cornering). If not, only other thing I can think of is subframe bushings and/or the open diff might have something to do with it. :dunno:

Sure can't leave tracks like my friends old 95 M3 could. :drool:

Patrick

·
E46 Spartan
501 Posts
actually I am pretty sure they did make 330ci in last part of 2000

I cought my 323i 2 weeks before '01s came out and i remeber a 330ci on the lot....

·
Registered
237 Posts
pwalsh53 said:
Yeah, open diff is bad for donuts and powerslides.

My car has also developed a bad case of wheelhop when I try to spin the tires in first gear...

Patrick
Sometimes just adjusting tire pressure can solve this problem. Try reducing it, increasing it, etc...

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,719 Posts
place donut on table.....stick finger on left hand in the middle of the donut....spin with right hand

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't know what you guys are talking about. I could do donuts in our Durango all day long. There was an open diff in that. :dunno: It was fun too cause it had crazy torque. It would acutally shift up to second and keep doing donuts.

·
Registered
529 Posts
MahNeeah said:
Hey what up! i was wondering if anyone could give me a pretty good "How to..." on how to spin donuts. Or if anyone just wants to add their two cents thatd be koo. Every lil bit helps. thanks guys.

ha...S4 guy...i get it.

:ghey: :fruit: :hitit:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts