BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling a set of rims w/tires but have no idea how to ship it. If anyone done it, can you post how you did it?
Is is a set of 16" rims w/tires. I thought about buying boxes but not is way to expensive. Will UPS or Fedex ship rims w/tires? I heard tirerack ships them by just putting cardboard over the top & bottom of each rim and taping them...

Anyway, any help or tip will be very helpfull.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I have seen this in the archives, but if you are shipping them, I would pack them like we do-

Make cardboard discs that cover most/all of the wheel & tire, put 2 on the top, 1 on bottom, and a layer of packing foam/bubble wrap inbetween the wheel face & the cardboard will help prevent cardboard burn.

SHIP WHEEL LUGS SEPARATELY!

You then should take duct tape, etc & spiral wrap it around all of the w/t about 6-8 times & ship them out.. that will typically help them withstand any shipping abuse! (be sure to ship insured too!)

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Federal express ground is usually cheaper then UPS ground . . .

You can go to their websites and get rates very easily as long as you know the Zip code your shipping it to . . .

Also, you need to know the meaurements, I forgot the exact measurements for the E46 3er as far as diameter but you can safely use 22 x 22 x 10 with a weight of approximately 46 lbs for the 16" (though it's probably less then that)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts