E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
yo mama
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the battery, I have a 0 gauge power wire that I need to run to my amps. How do you guys get the wire from the battery to the inside of the trunk? There is a black tray in the way or the gray liner in the way. Do you cut a hole in the tray or liner? Do you have the power wire go above the gray liner?

·
yo mama
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
visor said:
Yep, all that gray liner can be pulled back or removed, after prying off those gray tabs holding them against the car.
Thanks, I know that too, I guess what Im trying to ask is, where does your power pop our from, after the installation is complete?

·
Registered
385 Posts
i'm not sure what you mean, but i think this should clear it up: if you remove ALL of the carpet liner, the bottom, both sides, the part against the back seat, and run your wire underneath all that, you should be fine. you can drill (or secure down) the fuse part of the wire to the chassis (insulated, of course) and run it all along the interior, under the carpet. let me see if i have a pic of what i did....

·
Registered
385 Posts
ok, no - i don't have the pic right now, but it just shows the entire trunk stripped down, with the 0 gause wire running from my amps on the left side...along the back of my backseat, down to the right corner, and lined to the battery.. like a "U" shape. This is b/c my amps are on the left side. Depending on where yours are, you just find the nearest point of refernce and hide the wire as soon as you can...run to the battery, secure to the car...and you're good to go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.