BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disabled front standby light.



Sorry for the blury pics, cause outside is really foggy. :D

Left side is still enable. Right side is disable. Hope you see the difference. :thumbup:
 

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
Looks a little cleaner without amber or another color there. Blinker and such still work I assume. Is it legal to have that light off at night in most states?

Looks pretty good:thumbup:
 

·
PSHOPWERKS
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
Interesting...where's the pic? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting...where's the pic
Sorry I just upload a better pic, so now fixed.

It will still blink amber when signal. HOWEVER, this is NOT legal as far as I know in North America. Parking light must be there.
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,302 Posts
i always wanted to do that!!! HERB did it for a customer when he installed the dae. looks clean as hell.. now we don't have to worry about the bulb matching the xenon :thumbup:
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,302 Posts
Full Time Hit Man said:


Sorry I just upload a better pic, so now fixed.

It will still blink amber when signal. HOWEVER, this is NOT legal as far as I know in North America. Parking light must be there.
no i don't think so, the x5 4.6 doesn't have the parking light light up when the xenon is on.. just the xenon lights up.

also, i believe the 5er's parking light don't go on when the headlight is turned on as well :thumbup:
 

·
Got Mis-shift?
Joined
·
749 Posts
e46boy said:


no i don't think so, the x5 4.6 doesn't have the parking light light up when the xenon is on.. just the xenon lights up.

also, i believe the 5er's parking light don't go on when the headlight is turned on as well :thumbup:
I agree. 5 series don't have their parking lights lit up. so i guess it's legal.:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
damn FTHM that iz tight thats exactly wat i wana do...i asked my electronics guy if that could b done n he said no plz tell me how u did that thnx

-cHrZ
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,302 Posts
chrz330i said:
damn FTHM that iz tight thats exactly wat i wana do...i asked my electronics guy if that could b done n he said no plz tell me how u did that thnx

-cHrZ
then your electronic guy needs to be fired... if my memory serves right, all herb did was to wire the parking light to the side blinker.. that's all :thumbup:

then whenever the sideblinkers are on.. the front will signal as well, and they don't light up when the headlight is on :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
computer wont show something wrong with blubs?
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,302 Posts
fucy626 said:
computer wont show something wrong with blubs?
i believe there is still a wire going to the parking light tricking the computer to think the bulbs are still there... i ain't the wiring expert here, but i think that's how the basic process works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
ok koo. i wanna do mine,also disable daying light?
 

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
Joined
·
6,594 Posts
heh it looks disabled..
did you try changing to aftermarcket bulbs befor turning it off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, wire it to your side marker. And yes you need to wire it to your parking lights. Otherwise, your guage will have a light come on saying you have a blown blub. Because you haven't complete the circuit and the resistors changed.
 

·
frequent tire purchaser
Joined
·
657 Posts
How about a write up?? Please!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top