BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After dropping my car on UUC v.2 springs my front passenger side strut sounds like it is phucked up. It goes clunk, clunk, clunk when going over bumps at slow speeds. The sound is not the springs rubbing on anything. It sounds like the strut is bottoming out. My girlfriend figured out that I messed with the suspension of the car with all the rattling under the car.

I haven't got an allignment yet, but I do have an appointment. Do you think an allignment would fix that sound or is front strut phucked?

My car sounds like it is 20 years old. If this persists I will put my OEM springs back in.

·
booo for body roll.
3,417 Posts
um u can try pushing down on the side of the car where u think it has a bad strut/shock, and after u push it and it continues to bounce they're blown.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,541 Posts
Mine clunked for awhile. I tightened the top again and it solved my problems (when I had my earlier suspension setup, not my current).

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FIXED THE MOFO PROBLEM :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The bolt was so fricken' loose that I could unscrew with ONE not two fingers.

Cranked that sucker on there tight and went for a test drive. Sounded OEM to me. PHEWWWWWWW Problem solved. Drove it over speed bumps, pot holes, dips, bumps, & a valley...no clunk whatsoever.

:bow: :bow: :bow: to the DIY gods

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,503 Posts
Damn....Im getting the same sound on my PSS9's coming from the same side. Ill check my sway bar tomm!!!! THANKS!

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
mt3ch said:
Damn....Im getting the same sound on my PSS9's coming from the same side. Ill check my sway bar tomm!!!! THANKS!
The bolt on the sway bar end link was loose when the car was on the ground. As soon as I raised it up with a jack...the bolt was tight. So check it while all four wheels are on the ground and just crank your steering wheel to the side. You'll need a 16 wrench or adjustable wrench and a 16 socket for the ratchet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts