BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any noise indication? rubbing? any way u can inspect by driving?
i hear a rubbing in the rear when making sharp turns.. very sharp turns almost like doing 180s sharp.
it shouldnt be the diff i just put royal purple 75w-90 into it like a month ago.
any ideas?

·
Registered
25,625 Posts
Unless they're completely destroyed, you won't hear a noise. Rather you'll notice the rear end is not as solid around sharp corners, you can also check them by putting it up on a lift and prying on them to see if there's any play.

A diff wouldn't make rubbing sounds, are you serious? A rubbing noise in the rear would probably be due to sway bars (if you have aftermarket ones), or a bad diff bushing.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
If you're looking for a new set of Rtabs you can look at these right here for your car:

Rogue Engineering - Black Performance RTAB Bushings (Street Compound)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=2254

Those will work just fine for your car and make the rear end feel a bit better... It's a street compound which is different than the track compound that Rogue makes. Do a search around as the OEM RTABs can be a bit more pricey.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah i need differential bushings.. the back end it really stong and stable around turns so rtabs should still be good.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Unstable at high speeds and loose around corners might be a sign of worn RTAB, but if there's noise then it might be your bearings.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Unstable at high speeds and loose around corners might be a sign of worn RTAB, but if there's noise then it might be your bearings.
I'm having those same exact symptoms... but the dealer said my car was fine for my Inspection II

When I'm going 80mph, car seems very unstable. As if it can lose control any moment. :yikes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts