BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help i just got the shark injecter softwear. and am going to install it come saturday. is it a staight out download ??
do i need any special to download it. or to help to install it. like do i need any equiment to do with the battery?
bobm3 :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
661 Posts
You are going to need a high quality battery charger. What ever you do don't skip out and buy a cheap one because if you battery is not maintained a the correct voltage during the download process it will screw up you ECU. You need to get a battery charger with a minimum 10 amp charge setting if you don't have DRL's (daytime running lights). If you do have DRL's then you need to get a charger with a minimum of a 20 amp setting. Im my case I could not find a charger with a minumum 20 amp setting so what I did was take was unplug the headlights. I was a little worried at first about doing this but it all worked out fine. Other than that just follow the instructions that are provided with your shark injector. Good luck!!!

Oh and if you need any help I would be more than happy to give you a hand.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i desided to have it installed by

ultima perf. they said they will look into it or send me to someone that will know how to install it. thanks alot guys.

i am going their to ultima to have my hammann brake ducts install
tonight anyway see what they say about it.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
needs a new sig...
4,605 Posts
the software is a really easy install.. i have doen ti twice. hook-up a 20 amp or so battrery charger to amintain voltage and follow the 4-5 steps that the software comes with. it is really simple to do and you shouldnt be owrried to do it yourself..it tkaes maybe 20 mins max and the smile you get when its installed is worth the 20 mins =)

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you do it yourself Bob and still need help pm me, we can exchange numbers and walk you through it. It shouldn't be a problem though I did mine about a week ago and it was a breeze.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A quality charger is a must!!! I took my trunk apart and hooked it to my battery, not the jumper posts. Left it on 20amps. Let it charge for a few minutes before starting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts