E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just woter mate... i clean my wheels at least once a week.. some times twice....!!! if u keep then clean.. u don't have to use any products..!

cheers mate:thumbup:

·
Retired
1,338 Posts
I use a rim 3 finger wash mitt from Griots Garage with the Zaino Car Wash . It cleans real well between the spokes. I also use a qtip for detailing the wheel. Then I finish it up with some Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish for the lip. :)

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
spray with water
sponge and car wash soap
get in small places with a tire brush

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
CtrlAltDel said:
spray with water
sponge and car wash soap
get in small places with a tire brush
I hope you're not using the same sponge that you wash your car with:eeps:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
dam, just today i cleaned my rims with soap and water and used the same sponge that i wash my car with, ihad no idea, my rims look soo dirty sitll, it looks like i messed up the finish kinda :dunno:

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
pimpn04coupe said:
dam, just today i cleaned my rims with soap and water and used the same sponge that i wash my car with, ihad no idea, my rims look soo dirty sitll, it looks like i messed up the finish kinda :dunno:
It doesn't hurt the rims. It'll just mess up your paint the next time you use that same sponge to wash the car. Brake dust is like little particles of metal. I heard that it gets stuck in the sponge and its pretty hard to get it out. But since you have a silver car, i dont think you'll be able to see the scratches that are being put on by your sponge. But i'd still use another rag or something to wash the rims.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts