BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a 2006 325CI. The seller said he had just done an oil change but didn’t have time to put the splash guard back up. I didn’t think much of it, but later found out the truth. I attempted to install the splash guard but there is no (2 hole) mount on the passenger side. I took a couple of photos looking up at the two sides of where the splash guard screws into. The first photo is the driver side mount which is clearly visible with it’s two mounting holes. The second photo shows my passenger side mount is completely missing. Can anyone tell me what this part is? The part name and/or part number. What’s involved in replacing this part? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,187 Posts
The clip that you are missing is part# 07146981767, the screws and washers you need are 07147177492 for the screw and 51718212163 for the plastic washers that hold the screw to the splash guard. These are the parts for my xi, the quick lock fasteners should be the same. I think you need #8 too. RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

·
Registered
E46 M43B19 Inline-4 Year 2000
142 Posts
It also looks like it broke off at the top section... I would suggest a car junkyard; the cheapest way to get to these kind of parts. Also good luck!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
A piece of tire tread took out #8 on my car. Make sure you get the one for your model. I think that's what broken on yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes All2kool, it was a red flag during the negotiation that day. But i was given the chance to jump on a quick sale at half the price in the Ontario market for a really nice black on black 325Ci 5 spd M Sport. I decided to roll the dice. Cheers

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,187 Posts
That would have been a red flag for me as the splashguard need not be removed to change the oil - It has a built in access panel, which is generally missing anyway.
Maybe on RWD cars, I have to drop the front 2 panels on my xi, no access to the drain plug.

·
Registered
E46 320d touring 2002
56 Posts
Maybe on RWD cars, I have to drop the front 2 panels on my xi, no access to the drain plug.
I think all e46 restyling models have the aluminium reinforcement plate, with that little tray to access the drain plug, maybe not the xi models.

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,187 Posts
I think all e46 restyling models have the aluminium reinforcement plate, with that little tray to access the drain plug, maybe not the xi models.
xi's have a different sub frame and no aluminum tray.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts