BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i go to usc, and the people there are shameless. they have no respect for cars, theirs or mine. i can't park in the structure for half an hour without finding a new ding on the side of my car. :thumbdwn:

how can i repair these dings myself? can anyone help me out here? i am looking for a cheaper solution than going to dent-pro. thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I feel your pain. I only have one ding in the back door of my 2000 328i and it drives me nuts. I can't offer you a solution. I'm interested to see if anyone else knows how to do it.

Todd

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Dude.....just suck it up and go to dent pro. At least when all the dings are fixed, your ride will look as good as new again. It's worth the money to get it fixed imo.

That's why i always try to park my ride way at the end of the parking lot, away from all the haters:banghead:

·
Registered
32 Posts
:ben:

It's the same in the UK, I had my car for 1 week and some very kind person but a ding in the drivers door.

Cheers,

Carl.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idoc330ci said:
Dude.....just suck it up and go to dent pro. At least when all the dings are fixed, your ride will look as good as new again. It's worth the money to get it fixed imo.

That's why i always try to park my ride way at the end of the parking lot, away from all the haters:banghead:
yeah... my only issue with dent-pro is this: they drill holes. I'm not sure if this is how they fix all of the dings, but that's how they took care of my friend's car. they drilled a hole on the door's side and used a metal rod to push out the ding. then, they plugged up the hole with a rubber piece. i know it's not a big deal, but i just don't like holes :)

do those dent repair kits (on tv) actually work? or are they just like the tornado? haha.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i think those tv ones would work on cars are built with high quality plastic (like hondas) and thats about it....then you just have to buy the company's other kit that repairs the paint that got ripped off with you used their dent remover :)

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,408 Posts
LCB said:
i go to usc.
SC BABY!!! Just wait until SC kicks the sh*t out of Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl...and I can't wait till they kick UCLA's ass either!! :flipoff:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
LCB said:

yeah... my only issue with dent-pro is this: they drill holes. I'm not sure if this is how they fix all of the dings, but that's how they took care of my friend's car. they drilled a hole on the door's side and used a metal rod to push out the ding. then, they plugged up the hole with a rubber piece. i know it's not a big deal, but i just don't like holes :)

Yeah....i agree dude, i don't like holes either. I think they only drills holes if the ding is in a spot that the picks/rods can't reach. If they can reach them, then they don't. So it depends on the location of the ding. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dents

In Jersey there is a placed called Dent Wizard, they might have them all over the country, not sure, but for about $125 they will pull any dings without having to make holes, only if the paint is fine. Check www.dentwizard.com for locations.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think it takes a lot of skill to make a repair that you'd be satisfied with on a BMW. Let's face it, if you weren't really picky about your car, you wouldn't be on this site in the first place. Your eye is incredibly good at seeing minor imperfections. A bad repair just looks like you were trying to cover up an even bigger problem than you've actually got.

I used to think that any idiot could get good results with Bondo and sandpaper. I'm now convinced that I'm not an idiot, and it takes more practice to learn than I'll ever get on the cars I've owned.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: how do i remove dings?

Faheem Daddy said:

SC BABY!!! Just wait until SC kicks the sh*t out of Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl...and I can't wait till they kick UCLA's ass either!! :flipoff:
yuup... mike williams is unstoppable man :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts