BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im changing my subframe and differential mounts on my 99 328i, and i have to disconnect the e brake cable from the wheels so i can take off the subframe. i removed the calipers and rotors, and im looking at a clasp, that holds the end of the e brake cable and i have no idea how to open it or release the cable. please help!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm already this far and I think it's going to be easier to reassemble this way. And to completely remove the subframe, the cable does actually have to be disconnected from the actual wheels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When i did mine, it took me about 2 1/2 hours to jack to car and completely remove the subframe. I did it this way: Remove rear sway bars, remove exhaust, Remove all heat shield and stuff like that, remove differential, disconnect upper and lower control arm from the subframe, disconnect the ebrake wire from under the handle and pull it out of the channel in the subframe, unbolt the subframe and drop it from the car. After that the fun begin, removing all 7 bushing from the subframe is a PITA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts