BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask only b/c I bought my '99 328i used/certified, so I have no idea what the previous owner did. And I remember JawKnee saying something about modding his '99 328 to be able to hit 60mph in second gear. Well, I already can (according to the speedometer) and I haven't modded anything under the hood.

So, how do I know?

:dunno:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
noflash said:
I ask only b/c I bought my '99 328i used/certified, so I have no idea what the previous owner did. And I remember JawKnee saying something about modding his '99 328 to be able to hit 60mph in second gear. Well, I already can (according to the speedometer) and I haven't modded anything under the hood.

So, how do I know?

:dunno:

if u have dinan software your car should have a sticker in the engine bay where the ecu programming happens. what Jawknee was tlkaing about was with the software d/l that raises the redline limit and the 3.46 diff he is still able to hit 60mph in 2nd. all bmw stock cars should hit 60 in 2nd.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thor7000 said:
Hey Noflash, just out of interest how much did you pay for your car?
A lot! I have sport and premium packages, xenon, and heated seats. The car only had 24,000 miles. I paid $32,795 (I think). This was $2k more than I felt the car was worth and they insisted on using Kelley Blue Book's appraisal. So, I insisted they use the same method for my trade-in. I got $17,000 for my '01 Maxima GXE. Which is about $2500 - $3000 more than I was expecting.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I think they wanted to keep the sale price high to meet their own agenda and gave me a great price on my trade in. So, I feel like I sorta bought it for $31k...

D'sat answer your question?

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,755 Posts
almost everycars top speed in 2nd gear is 60..for the 0-60 car buyers..

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
can i ask u guys this how about a 03 m3

what do u thing top speed in 2 is for my car. i haven't try to see
allready because still breaking in my baby.
bobm3 :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Re: Re: How do I know if I already have engine software downloaded or not?

Tommyboy said:
if u have dinan software your car should have a sticker in the engine bay where the ecu programming happens.
Not necessarly tru. I bought my used 328 and found out later by the dealer that i had a dinan software. I never had a sticker put in my engine bay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
here's a solution

yesterday I got the shark injector in the mail and the instructions says that 328's that were made from 4/99 to 7/99 has an O2 emissions fault and the computer had to be reset or basically had to have an upgrade. I called the bmw dealership and to find out if I had the upgrade done, because I bought the car 8 months ago and it is a certified bmw, the manager told me that all upgrades are done to pre certified cars before they are sold to consumers,

so basically call you bmw dealer and give them you VIN number and they will be able to tell you whether or not you have any pending upgrades.
email me for any more info questions
bip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts