BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
soap & water works well!

wax it and breakdust comes off easier. just wiping it off with a papertowel.

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
If its just silver, then simple water and soap, go to Bavauto.com and get their wheel brush, it saves so much time.

If its polished or chrome, Windex w/ ammonia, and them blue papertowels you find at auto stores works great. And yes, wax them if you want to make it easier in the future.

·
Law Enforcer
2,338 Posts
I just use good ol' soap & water. Never had a problem w/ it on any set of rims I've ever owned from polished to powdercoated. I use windex during the week for a short "wipedown", but when I do a full wash, I just use good ol' Palmolive or Dawn. :D BUT...on the car, it's all Meguiar's and the Absorber!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I use Meguiar's Hot Wheels. You can get it at Pep Boys.
i just got some at Wal-Mart and damn that stuff works good. :thumbsup:

my rims were very brake dusty (which was not coming off for the life of me). i rinsed, sprayed on, waited a few seconds, agitated with micro-fiber towel, rinsed off and bam, clean rims baby.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
i just got some at Wal-Mart and damn that stuff works good. :thumbsup:

my rims were very brake dusty (which was not coming off for the life of me). i rinsed, sprayed on, waited a few seconds, agitated with micro-fiber towel, rinsed off and bam, clean rims baby.
Holy ****ing ancient thread bump

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
P21S for seriously baked on break dust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts