E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mod Squad
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it takes money, time and effort, but I'm sure that there's more to it than that. Any idiot can go out and buy some expensive shiit and through it in their car but that can't be it. What kinds of things do judges look for? I see folks with cool @ss carbon fiber stuff, do they each count as a point, or is it the overall package? Is I.C.E. that important? It's cool and all, but I'd rather go faster than be louder :dunno: Of course if I could be loud and go fast, well that'd be swell :evil: Also, do engine mods count for anything? What about originality? Does it not matter as long as it looks good? How much time do you spend cleaning the car before a show? Do you use anything out of the ordinary for cleaning? Any other tips or hints? Thanks fellas :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
lots and lots of $$$. But seriously if you want to win a lot you need unique mods.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,295 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But beyond that- origionality, fit and finish (like custom made, painted fiberglass elclosures, and NO visible wires- all color matched- basically make the ICE install Tight!

As for performance- keep it all clean, and make sure that all of your mods are OEM, or from a reputable supplier (ACS, Reiger, etc..) Usually try to keep them from the same vendor, so there is a theme or continuity on the car.

Last thing, IMHO- Don't over - do it! If you think for a second that something is Ricy- Wait, and get a freind to slap you in the head before you install it.

Trick / hidden / concealed installs also get lots of "Cool Factor" points!

Have fun!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
become craig :thumbup:

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
jun14scr said:
20-25? that's childsplay.
yeah but thats a decent start.......25 g's can get u alot.hardcore about 40 g's but then u might as well just buy a better car at that rate

·
Registered
365 Posts
all you need is money!!! even with that it's not a sure thing your car will win...most of these shows are fixed, atleast imo...even if you do spend $25-50grand...all you win is a plastic trophy and a pack of gum...donate 50 grand to me and i'll make you all the trophies you want:thumbup:

rick

·
Detail Whore
676 Posts
basically everyone thing everyone else said.. if i was making a show winning car i would make it unique .. something noones ever done before .. :dunno:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
you guys forgetting one very important fact about this industry. sure money buys u all the fancy shmancy stuff, but how u carry ur self, how you represent ur self, how u help ur sponsors, how u help promote the scene overall rounds out ur entire character. Thats how you gain fame and exposure for both your car and your self! A lot of people over look this fact.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts