BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to drill or are they adhesive mounted? I want to purchase them, but if I haev to drill, there will be holes left if I ever remove them. Also, I have wood trim....do you think they will match ok?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The brake and clutch pedals have plastic covers which you can remove to drive the holes and then mount the aluminum plates. The gas pedal you can't remove because of the drive-by-wire, so you have to drill the holes and then mount. If you decide to remove the aluminum plates, you can always replace the clutch and brake rubber pads, but the gas will have holes remaining.

ps.. i have the OEM aluminum pedals with my wood trim. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
what is the part # for the aluminum pedals from bmw? Please PM me with them I really want them. What do they cost? Any picts?

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
thisbimmers4u said:
what is the part # for the aluminum pedals from bmw? Please PM me with them I really want them. What do they cost? Any picts?
I heard the pedals were on back order? :huh:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got mine from turner motorsport.
The hole for the gas pedal are not that noticeable. Be careful when drilling the brake pedal cause it is metal. No mistake is allowed here.
The plastic gas and clutch pedals are more forgiving.

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
the pedals arent on back order, they are being redone. My dealer spoke to BMWNA directly and they issued a statement that they are being redone in germany b/c of problems with the pedals fallling off......I have never seen or spoken to a person with this poblem but that is the official word from germany. The parts are defective and being redone. I ordered both the dead pedal and the pedal set. I have recieved the dead pedal, but ive been waitng for 3 months now on the rest of the set......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts