·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it require professional install or can it be done as a DIY

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've installed a throttle body on my old truck. Its really easy. They'll charge you 2 hours of labor for a 10 minute piece of work.

As long as you've got some tools and some basic know how you should be fine.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,767 Posts
Drive by wire throttle needs to be aligned using the MoDic (or others) computer.

Tim

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
does any body know how much

the larger throttle body will cost from dinan for the 2003m3 or
the e-46 m3 ???
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the throttle body for the 330 costs around 500 dinan

not sure for an m3

check the dinan price list on their site

·
Registered
297 Posts
sheefo2k said:
hmm he should email samir,

btw buying a used tb is not bad right?? i mean theres some parts that you prob dont wanna buy used or with high milage. is TB like that to?
Not not unless they've been mudding with an open intake like I did in my truck.... :yikes: :D

But no, generally a TB is fine.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont think there will be any problem with samir shipping internationally (i had purchased my gruppem through rennsport),

i already emailed,

do you think technic will sell it cheaper than dinan?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sheefo2k said:
hmm i have noo clue. how much the new technick tbs will cost..

kashif thats really awesome that u have a grupeM and live in the UAE. are u one of the first people to have grupM in the UAE?

i have couple friends in egypt with 3ers but they only have Dinan parts
well i really dont know, i might be since there is no distribution of gruppem in this region. but that does not stop us fanatics from having these parts fedex to these regions (even with the high freight costs).

lol, long live the mod bug!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
tim330i said:
Drive by wire throttle needs to be aligned using the MoDic (or others) computer.

Tim
This is actually what concerns me the most about this mod.
I've had horrible experience with the dealers here in Toronto about programming my ECU just for HIDS !!! They just won't do it (i have after market). Usually i would speak with the tech and he said it is definitely possible but then the service manager would be a complete a** and say that they won't do such a thing for me.

So i guess if i get the technik TB, they probably won't realign my drive by wire throttle. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Technik TB's are still in production. It will be out ver soon. I've been waiting a while for it myself. Also, the TB for Technik has a bigger bore than the Dinan one. The Technik TB should cost around 5 bills.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how much hp do you think the TB willl fetch any way?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts